Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Whole New Look

Oh Happy Day! I am dancing with excitement! Since I started this blog two weeks ago, I have not been satisfied with its appearance, and have been TOTALLY frustrated with my inability to accomplish the blog roll listing. The very idea of writing html code into the template just gave me heartburn, especially after the sad demise of The Blog That Ate Manhattan. My general computer skills rank about the level of advanced beginner.

At last to the rescue, like the cavalry riding in, comes Dutch. My Soul Mate, the Love of My Life. He has been travelling for much of the time since I started the blog, but returned a few days ago and has worked a miracle for me (in more ways than one). His computer savy is at least twice mine, and he was not intimidated by brackets and slashes. Voila! New look for the blog, complete with Blog Roll! (she does a little happy dance while looking out the window at yet more snow falling) The next big step is the addition of photos. Stay tuned!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a surprise on the new look, you don't waste time. Congratulations,it's really terrific.
Keep the stories coming, they have all been very interesting.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:24:00 AM  
Blogger The Tundra PA said...

Derek--you can't believe how charged up I was yesterday to get the new transition accomplished! Dutch made the day for me. I am so happy with the new appearance. With a little tutoring, I am over my intimidation with the html thing. I am a quick study, mostly. Now, to get some photos going! Thanks for reading, and for commenting.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really looks great. I like the look. Can't wait to see photos of some of the places and people.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger The Tundra PA said...

Thanks, Dawn. Photos are sorely needed to convey the magnitude of this place, and the delicate beauty. Worth more like a million words, I think.

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home