Thursday, May 24, 2007

Puppy Update


Princess's puppies are three weeks old today. They continue to grow and develop beautifully, and are staggering around in their house on unsteady little legs. Their eyes are still that universal newborn dark blue color with an unfocused gaze. I wonder how much they are able to see at this point.

Sled dog pups get their dew claws removed on the second day of life, and this litter was no exception. Booties are much easier to get on and off a working sled dog without that floppy and useless claw just below the wrist. Henry did a good job removing them (not always easy) and the little stubs have healed up nicely.

At three weeks they are walking enough to fall out the front door of their house occasionally. And now they are big enough that Princess has a hard time getting them back in. It is time to build a little ramp up to the front door. It is fun to watch them explore their world.

And on a completely different note, I am flying out tonight to attend the annual conference of the American Academy of Physician Assistants. This year's meeting is being held in Philadelphia, a city I've only been to once, about twenty years ago. I'm really looking forward to it. Posting may be even more infrequent until I return home.
.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute. :)

Friday, May 25, 2007 6:59:00 AM  
Blogger Maggie Rosethorn said...

Darn, TPA. If I'd known you were going to be in the Philly area I'd have arranged to come down and meet you...only about 2 hours away from me! How long will you be down there?

Friday, May 25, 2007 1:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are adorable--if I lived near you I would be over to see them in a heartbeat! I hope you post more pictures as they get older.

Friday, May 25, 2007 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger SeaSpray said...

Hi Tundra PA - They're beautiful! They're cute! I love their bellies! I WANT one! :)

I hope your trip is/was productive and fun. You aren't far from my neck of the woods in northern NJ. :)

Friday, May 25, 2007 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger The Tundra PA said...

Thanks, everyone. I think they are adorable too. Even when the tan one peed in my hand!

maggie--I'm here until Thursday, 5/31. email me at thetundrapa@yahoo.com

Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They're a handsome litter. I can already see the difference in the racing dog to the working Inuit dogs around here in their little faces. Their much longer snouted in your bunch. I'm watching a litter of Inuit dogs for a suitable pup for my brother-in-law. The owner already agreed to let me take my choice. I posted pics today on my site for my sister-in-law to check out. Pop around if your curious.

Saturday, May 26, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a reader of yours from Philly, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home