Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Grand Rounds Vol 3 No 9

Doctor Anonymous is the host for this week's edition of Grand Rounds, the weekly carnival of "the best of the medical blogosphere." Until recently, the trend has been for Grand Rounds hosts to include all posts submitted in the carnival, which makes it not necessarily "the best", but simply a potluck of whatever any blogger wanted to submit. A grass-roots initiative, spearheaded by Kim over at Emergiblog, has called for improving the quality of Grand Rounds by reducing its size and including only the best posts.

This calls for some stringent decision-making on the host's part, and Dr. A has done an excellent job of it. The post summaries are clear and concise, the links are easy to find and follow, and the look is clean and professional. His solution to the inclusion vs. exclusion problem is to include a link dump at the end with those he did not include. Which is sort of like including them, but not calling them "the best." Seems like a manageable compromise.

Grab your coffee and enjoy some great reading!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. A said...

Thanks for the plug and thanks for your GR submission.

As of this second, I have about 400 hits! I'll be writing a post of my "GR experience" soon...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Aisling said...

The more of your entries I read, the more I'm hooked! Thanks for writing... and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! :)

Thursday, November 23, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger The Tundra PA said...

Hey Dr. A--so you ended up with over 1300 visitors for the day, ah? That's great! GR continues to grow; in Sept. I had 676. I think the new trend with smaller size/better quality is good. I'll even think so on weeks I don't make the cut...it should just inspire me to write better.

wandering visitor--thanks so much! I enjoy your blog very much too. Hope your Thanksgiving has been nice.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This is an incredibly good lesson for your young relative. The picures are beautiful as usual. I would have EATEN THIS UP as a second grader! I couldn't leave your blog without telling you how wondeful this is!

Thursday, November 30, 2006 4:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home