Monday, July 09, 2007

Deep in the Heart of Dixie


Dutch and I have been traveling for the last nine days, with no internet access--at least, none that is even reasonably convenient. We are in the city of my birth, Birmingham, Alabama. So yes, I am a GRITS (girl raised in the South). We came to celebrate my grandmother's 94th birthday on July 7th, and to have a family reunion with cousins I haven't seen for twenty years on the 4th of July. Both celebrations were heartwarming and fun, and will become annual events for us. We are now in the Birmingham airport, awaiting the departure of our flight. After a week and a half with no posts, I was concerned that regular TMD readers might be getting worried about my well being. Fear not, all is well. More to come soon.

Photo of my dancing grandmother with one of her great-grandchildren, by the Tundra PA. I hope I am able to dance on my 94th birthday!
.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

How great to have a grandmother in that great physical shape!

BTW, how do you eat your grits? I like them with butter, salt and pepper with bacon! YUMMY!

Monday, July 09, 2007 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger #1 Dinosaur said...

Not to worry. I'm sure we regular TMD readers felt you were off having a life, instead of sitting at a computer blogging for hours a day.

Enjoy. See you soon.

Monday, July 09, 2007 1:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted! I was wondering where you went off to and if everything was OK.

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger The Tundra PA said...

Rose--you must be a girl raised in the South yourself! You sure have the grits right. I've heard of Darn Yankees (!) who actually put sugar on their grits. Imagine... (yuck)

#1 Dino--I wish I had enough time to write about all the stuff, but I'd have to do less stuff, and that's just not acceptable! Hope to post more about this trip when I get home on Sunday.

Kusko--thanks! Dutch has explicit instructions on how to post on the blog in the event that I'm too ill or injured. Can't have people worrying about me!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger SeaSpray said...

What a sweet picture. Glad you had a good time at your family reunion. Families are a blessing!

Saturday, July 14, 2007 4:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home